Books, beauty and things I love. Finding magic in both the extraordinary and the everyday. Also, lots and lots of sex. So 18+ and NSFW warning.
“Admit it. You aren’t like them. You’re not even close. You may occasionally dress yourself up as one of them, watch the same mindless television shows as they do, maybe even eat the same fast food sometimes. But it seems that the more you try to fit in, the more you feel like an outsider, watching the “normal people” as they go about their automatic existences. For every time you say club passwords like “Have a nice day” and “Weather’s awful today, eh?”, you yearn inside to say forbidden things like “Tell me something that makes you cry” or “What do you think deja vu is for?”. Face it, you even want to talk to that girl in the elevator. But what if that girl in the elevator (and the balding man who walks past your cubicle at work) are thinking the same thing? Who knows what you might learn from taking a chance on conversation with a stranger? Everyone carries a piece of the puzzle. Nobody comes into your life by mere coincidence. Trust your instincts. Do the unexpected. Find the others…”
~ Timothy Leary
Artist: Corina Chirila
"I’m often difficult to love. I go through dark periods like the moon and I hide from myself. But I promise I will kiss your wounds when they’re hurting. Even if they’re in your soul, I can find them with the light in my fingertips. I will lead you to the river so you can remember how beautiful it feels to be moved by something that is out of your control. And when our dark periods match, we can breathe with the grass and look at the night sky. The stars will remind us of the beauty in our struggles and we won’t feel lost anymore."
Emery Allen (via exoticwild)
Your Digital Flapper Dictionary
- Terms and Useful Phrases
- That’s bullshit! - Thats all wet!
- I’ve got a shitty date - I’ve got a flat tire
- Don’t be stupid - Don’t be sill
- Move your ass! - Get a wiggle!
- A car you had sex in - Struggle Buggy
- Wasted - Spifflicated (from the words spiffy and intoxicated)
- That Hobo on the corner - That Palooka over there
- Now you’ve got it! - Now you’re on the trolly!
- A Gangsta’s bitch - A Moll
- A slut - A Hotsy Totsy
- I’m Engaged! - I’m Handcuffed
- Beer - Giggle Water
- Legs - Gams
- Boobs - Ninny Pies
- Rich Person - an egg
- The Commen Jerk - A Drugstore Cowboy
- Don’t be a shit head! - Don’t take any wooden nickels!
- That’s fucking awesome! - That’s the Bee’s knees!
- Honey, I said NO - Bank’s Closed, hon
- Holy Shit! - Hot Socks!
- That’s Great! - That’s the Cat’s Pajamas!
- Classy - Swanky
- I need to get wasted - I need to see a man about a dog
- A woman’s Cigarette - A freedom Torch
- That girl is HOT SHIT - That dames got IT
My Homage to an era (the Roaring Twenties) that had no end of wonderful slang, you can add some of your favorites to the list, lets see just how big this Hay Burner (a large object) can get!
I thought a “hay burner” was a large farm animal, like a horse or cow. And “don’t take any wooden nickles” means “don’t get hustled” not “don’t be a shithead.”
Anyway, I can hardly wait to use “Bank’s closed, hon.”
Hey, you sass that hoopy Ford Prefect? Now there’s a frood who knows where his towel is.